Sunday, January 18, 2015

Exciting Non-Fiction Story








   I recently finished, "A Fifty-Year Silence." It is probably the first non fiction book I've read in several years.  I don't usually choose to read this type of book as I don't find them very interesting.  This book was a wonderful story and a definite page turner!

   This is a true story of a search by Miranda Mouillot for answers as  to why her grandparents separated many years ago eventually divorcing.  Her quest takes several years and goes back to the time of World War II.  In the process of her quest she also learns about and heals herself.

   I would definitely recommend this book.  It is a fascinating story.  Most of us probably have something in our family history that we have questions about.  The author actually became her own private investigator ultimately going to live in her "family home" in the South of France to go through family records and interview family about this issue.

   If you enjoy history, mystery, or love stories you will enjoy this book.  I had a very hard time putting this book down!   I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.









No comments:

Post a Comment