Sunday, February 8, 2015

"Supermaket Healthy" not a keeper




   I  really enjoy Melissa D'Arabian's TV show on Food Network as her dishes are usually simple and no nonsense. I was, therefore, expecting the same thing  with her new cookbook. I couldn't have been more wrong.

  I do not really care for any of the recipes in this book.  Many of them are made with ingredients that I have never used and do not really want to start using.  Clams, lamb, and capers are examples of some of the things I don't use in my kitchen.

  I also believe that the lack of pictures in this book for each recipe is a huge mistake.  For me this is a deal breaker.  I most definitely want a picture of each recipe so I can have an idea if it's something my family and I might enjoy and also what to expect the dish would look like should I decide to make it.

  The title and wording on the cover are very misleading.  I do not see how the information in this book gives any specific guidance to "eat well without spending a lot" in a supermarket.  There is a very small introduction at the beginning but no where near the amount of information needed to cover such a topic.

  I was very excited to get this book and I so wanted to like it.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.  For me, this book is a real dud.  I doubt I'll ever open it again.  I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment