Sunday, December 28, 2014

Perfect Coffee Table Book!



   I was very excited to receive this book and review it!  This book is a must read for anyone who is Catholic or interested in religious history.  There are 365 stories in the book--one entry for each day of the year.  So you could choose to read 1 story each day if you like, but I found it too interesting to do that.

   The book goes on to describe something that happened to someone on that particular date in history.  The person may or may not be famous and many of the facts are little known.  For example, did you know that Al Capone's tombstone reads, "My Jesus Mercy?"

   This book reminds me of the "Chicken Soup" book series from a few years ago.  You can pick up this book anytime you have a few minutes and read one or several stories.  You don't need to remember where you left off or what you read last.  This is a great book for someone very busy with little time to read that likes non fiction.  I think it would be a wonderful conversation starter and that is why I say it is the perfect book to set out on your coffee table.

   Happy Reading!   I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment