Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Chilbury Ladies' Choir is a great read!



   The Chilbury Ladies' Choir is just a delightful book!  I am so glad I decided to review it.  It is the story of a group of women of all different ages who are left at home at the beginning of World War 2.  They are faced with many different challenges in a time when women did not work outside the home or even have much decision making power in many aspects of their lives.  They are finding their courage and voice in everyday situations as "life does indeed go on."

   The story is told in the format of diary/journal entries and letters.  We get to know several different characters and how they react to this new normal in their lives. I very much enjoy historical fiction so this was the perfect book for me.  In fact, I was a little sad when I finished the book because I was enjoying finding out about their lives.  I think a sequel to the book would be a great idea!

    "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."







                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment